Running More Than One Program

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kemper1989, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

I was just wondering if its bad to run more than one Anti-Virus program with sheilds and autoprotect. Like VIR and AVG.
    Also running more than one spyware like PestPatrol and SpySweeper? :rolleyes:

2. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

I dunno how bad it would be per se... but if you need two programs to do the same job that's a bit redundant, don't you think? Personally I'd pick one program for each job and make sure it's up to date. That way you have that much more of your computer's resources for other things :)

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Its quite possible that the two will conflict with each other if they are both running real-time scanning. If you only have one doing real-time scanning, and have one as a "backup" thats fine.

Same with anti-spyware. It's also advisable to set up exceptions for the other programs directory. Ad-aware, for instance, picks up on the spybot reference files and reports them as spyware files. The same could happen with an AV.

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I would not run two antivirus scans at the same time. I'm not sure about autoprotect.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I usually only run of each, whilst on the net. Then I run the other/others after I logoff. That way I often catch stuff that the other/others miss. Works for me, but takes a little more time. Bazza

====

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds