Problem with mscomctl.ocx

Discussion in 'Software' started by budster12, Oct 30, 2004.

1. budster12

budster12 Private E-2

When I tried to install a downloaded program I got the message that the file
    mscomctl.ocx was missing. I downloaded the file to the systems folder in windows. Then I typed in regsvr32.exe mscomctl.ocx in the run box. Then I got a message: RegSvr32
    Load Library(mscomctl.ocx) failed
    Getlasterror returns 0x00000485

Anybody have any idea what I should do now??
    Thanks,
    Charles

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

4. hockeygiant88

hockeygiant88 Private E-2

I have the same problem. I was just trying to open my FLAC Frontend when the message saying that I don't have the mscomctl.ocx and when i followed the other procedure to download it and run, it said it could not be found. Can't figure it out, could use some help.

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Make sure that you entered in the command REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX correctly.

There is a space after REGSVR32

You can just copy and paste this REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

Steve

6. hockeygiant88

ya man, still says the module cannot be found. i saved it in my system32 folder as well. idk what the hell is wrong

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

8. hockeygiant88

steve, you are a great man. thanks for your time/patience. im good to go now.

THANKS

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Good deal, glad you got it working. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds