Minimum requirements for current games, upcoming games?

Discussion in 'Software' started by godsgift2dagame, Dec 31, 2008.

1. godsgift2dagame

godsgift2dagame Private E-2

What will the requirements be for upcoming graphic heavy games and such? I plan on buying a new GAMING PC to play Left 4 Dead, DC Universe Online, and a couple others. What should I get at the bear minimum if I want to play these games?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Best bet is to check the games you're thinking of gettings websites for a listing of min and recomended spec, but my advice is more aim for the recomended spec or higher if you can afford it as on min spec the games run low graphics so all the fancy effects are gone and at times are not really playable if you're a gamer.

this is from Left 4 Dead

3. godsgift2dagame

godsgift2dagame Private E-2

Of course, goal is about 4 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce 9500 or higher with 3.0 ghz processor for a cost under $800.

4. WightBoy

WightBoy Private E-2

over here i can build a computer for 600-700. 2-4 gigs of ram (ddr2 1 gig sticks only average about 20 bucks each), 9600gt gpu, 500 gig hdd, core 2 duo e7300 (2.66ghz), a simple dvd drive and an asus p5kpl-cm (s775 of course) mobo (crappy mobo i know but its 70 bucks :-D)

5. Dacads

Dacads Corporal

you would be looking for a case with 2 fans at least , 600w PSU, nvidia geforce 9600GSO graphics or more, a duo core processor at least 2.4Ghz so 4.8 in total , 4GB PC6400 RAM and a good 320GB HDD to store all your games :)

Oh and make sure you are going to install 64bit version of windows as it recognises up to 16GB RAM and the 32bit version only recognises 3.5GB ;)

6. mirack

mirack Private E-2

I dont have the link but search for Microsoft Game Advisory, it tells you if your pc meets requirements for games or what you need to upgrade.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi sadly this was discontinued on 31/12/08, was developed by MSFT and Futuremark for XP.

8. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

9. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds