3d Television's

Discussion in 'Software' started by jbdeception, Apr 1, 2010.

1. jbdeception

jbdeception Private E-2

Anyone planning on getting one ? the only downside is that the glasses are type expensive if you have to buy more than one.

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Not anytime soon, I'm waiting to see what Sony come up with the PS4.
    I read they are attempting to make the 3D built in to the hardware so no glasses or special TV's are needed.

Not to mention I can't even afford a new normal tv right now, let alone a 3d one lol

3. jbdeception

jbdeception Private E-2

Lmfao . I might get one but I"m not even sure. You heard about the Ipad ?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Going to skip the 1st generation 3D tvs myself, and next likely in a few months will be LED 200hz TV.

iPad, yes its an overgrown iPhone/Touch, apps will also by all accounts in the tech news this week be more expensive than the iphone/touch, not one I will be going for either, have an iPhone anyways, plus a HTC HD2 that allows me to teather the HSDPA of that phone to use on my netbook, so a better solution to a iPad for me, in being able to use Windows 7 on a netbook on the go, anywhere.

5. jbdeception

jbdeception Private E-2

I wont be getting the Ipad that is for sure. and dam I do not like Windows 7 at all I mean its better than Vista but to be quite honest Xp is the best so far in my opinion. tho now im using Linux

6. DavidGP

Not going to get into the best vs worst Windows versions but will say this, when XP was released it was slated really badly for poor driver and software support, Windows 7 is much better out of the box than Windows XP ever was, but personal choice and I dont care what OS someone uses, I have albiet in Virtualization, XP, Vista, Win7, Kubuntu, Mint8, Gentoo.

Back to 3D TVs a potential pitfall in buying one is that while their is a current fad with 3D movies again Avatar > Clash of the Titans, the general TV producers of favs like LOST, Flashforward and other TV shows are not as yet subscribing to this technology as its very expensive to file and produce, so in effect you would be spending a fortune on a TV that you can only really stretch its potential with a few Movie releases a year, not very cost effective, when you take into concideration the TV cost, iirc 3D movies only being released on Blue Ray, so the cost of a BR player, and the specs.

7. jbdeception

jbdeception Private E-2

indeed tho i think they will fix that i mean they would not sell something that is Useless but them again this is America so everything is possible/

8. DavidGP

Fix, which? if the lack of general broadcast TV going 3D, well you may find the odd show trialing it out for a special episode, think off hand the TV series CHUCK had a special 3D episode, but when a series that can last 15-24 episodes and in some cases costing $1m an episode, dont think the TV stations or producers will go that route, to satisfy what will be a neiche market of owners of those TVs, just not good business sense at all.

Give it 5yrs or so and holographic TVs will be the things talked about, I get the feeling 3D TV will be the new betamax or HD DVD.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds