Can't open 6881

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XZeroX, Dec 10, 2004.

1. XZeroX

XZeroX Private E-2

I am useing a progam that needs 6881 open. I have a Dell router and I added it to the port forwarding, I also turned off the window firewall. But the progam still says NAT error.

How do I fix this?

2. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

Are you talking about a bit torrent?
    Depending if that is the program you need to open ports 6881-6999, thats for BitTornado

3. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

If you have opened those ports and are still getting a NAT problem go to this website https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
    Click the second proceed bellow and than enter the ports you opened say like 6881 to 6999 you would type 6881-6999 and click on Look Up Specific Port Information.
    If they say the ports are in STEALTH that means that you have a firewall of some sort. Im assuming that you have it off anyways.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds