My SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC got removed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bobthegeek, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Bobthegeek

Bobthegeek Private E-2

like what the title says i accidentally removed it and does any1 know where is can
    get it back and i have vista :cry:-D

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Calm down! LOL You're in good hands.:heli
    You can try a system restore back to before you deleted your driver.

If that doesn't work:

Post a make and model # if your PC is manufactured (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) or your motherboard ID, if it is a build.
    Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

3. Bobthegeek

Bobthegeek Private E-2

uhh what about a link to download the driver

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

uhh, I need to know exactly which Sigmatel driver.
    That's what Everest is for.

Of course I could just Google Sigmatel HD driver, have you install one, and you might end up with a bigger problem. rolleyes

Did you try a restore?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  5. Bobthegeek

Bobthegeek Private E-2

yes i tried restore i think the driver is called SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

7. Bobthegeek

Bobthegeek Private E-2

i found the right 1 but it still shows it as no driver in but there is 1 like where the sound is
    there is a big x

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

One more time

9. Bobthegeek

Bobthegeek Private E-2

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Could be several things:
    Check that Windows Audio Service is started.
    Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services
    Scroll down the list of services until you find the Windows Audio service.
    Right click on it and choose Properties.
    Make sure it is set to Automatic and Start is checked.

It might not be the right driver for your system.

Are you sure sound is NOT muted?

11. Bobthegeek

Bobthegeek Private E-2

yup its auto and started and its the right 1:confused

12. Bobthegeek

Bobthegeek Private E-2

i think it had problems installing

13. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Post a make and model # if your PC is manufactured (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) or your motherboard ID, if it is a build.
    Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

Have you looked in Device Manager to see what is going on?

Check: Device Manager for bad drivers.
    For XP: Go to Start>Control Panel> System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager, then click the plus sign in front of Sound, Video, Game Controllers.
    For Vista: Go to Start>Control Panel>Device Manager
    In Device Manager, if there is a ? in front of your audio device, that means no audio driver is installed.
    A ! means driver installation attempted but with problems.

Is the MS UAA Bus driver listed in System Devices?

14. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Bobthegeek

Please do follow Musksnipes request for your Make and Model of PC as this information is crucial, with onboard audio which Musksnipe is an expert at fixing many many PCs with audio issues, basically why we DO need this information is many of the OEM ( Original Equipement Manufacturers as in DELL, HP, SONY etc ) makers use slightly different spec'd chips from these manufacturers for their own PCs and due to this the drivers are chip specific in many cases. This is likely why the unified generic driver you installed earlier did not work.

Troubleshooting via the internet is hard at the best of times when your not sitting in front of the faulting PC, which is why as much information as possible is needed, to effectively help us to help you fix any problem.

Hope this explains the logic as to why this information is crucial.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds