Can't Burn CD-R in XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazylegs, Aug 31, 2006.

1. crazylegs

crazylegs Private E-2

I have an NEC optical drive and while I can burn data using Nero, I can't burn using XP. When I right click on what I want to burn, the CD ROM doesn't show as an option. On the right side of the window, if I click on "copy files", the CD ROM will show up, but upon clicking, I get a "Drive D: is inaccessible" error. Drive D is showing in "My Computer" and in the Device Manager and is showing to be working. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Crazylegs

2. GStam66

GStam66 Private First Class

Hell, i had the same problem with my laptop. I couldnt burn any audio files, just data and video. Im not sure what exactly could be the problem with yours, but i had to get a new optical drive.

3. padams

padams First Sergeant

when you say you can't burn using xp are you saying you can't open your cd rom drive > copy files into it > then click on file write to cd. or are you saying something else?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds