Pal Talk

Discussion in 'Software' started by Texian, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Texian

Texian Private E-2

Made the serious mistake of installing Pal Talk BEFORE installing ANY security in just a matter of minutes it installed 7 programs that were ALL add or spyware, then within 2 hours or less I was under a serious Trojan attack. Running on WinXPproSP2. Quickly installed AVG, Adware2007, Spybot, NoAds and Spywareblaster, updated them and ran the various scans. Seems to have removed MOST, but NOT all of the problems. Apparently, I need another type of software to finish the detection and/or removal of whatever is still deep inside my system somewhere. Not sure what program to use next and ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I decide to just reformat and reinstall XPpro. Whatever is still there interferres with IE6 and has disabled my 'video settings', setting are frozen and cannot be adjusted to anything but 800x600 32bit. When IE6 opens up so do pop-ups with the heading "TARGETED" with ads of course that NONE of the security stuff even 'sees'. If it wern't for the NoAds program I wouldn't even be able to keep a single window open to post this request for help, simply due to an accellerated series of pop-ups that eventually just crash the system.

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Recommend that you follow the instructions in the malware removal thread as this will show you how to do a VERY thorough scan of your system, and if you still have a problem after THAT, the experts there will be happy to help you further.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds