Hexadecimal decoding??

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxWade, Jul 4, 2003.

1. MaxWade

MaxWade Private E-2

I am looking for a program or something to help me crack HeX!!
    Prob is I have my pass saved on my AIM and I forgot it. I was wanting to see if i could get it cracked so I can log in elsewhere rather than waiting to use it just on my one computer. Any help is appreciated.

2. lesrae

lesrae Private E-2

Easiest way to read/write hex is to use the calculator that comes with windows. Switch it to scientific mode and then select the 'Hex' radio button. Type in the Hex number and select the 'Dec' radio button and it'll convert it for you.

If you're interested in how it works try here: http://vwop.port5.com/beginner/bhextut.html

3. Njal

Njal Private E-2

The password is stored in the registry but its not in hex.
    Its encrpyted which makes it much harder to break, Hell I know what mine is and it would take me a great deal of time figuring out what key they used. I suppose if the other computer is one you own and you dont mind auto-log ons you could copy the appropriate registry entries to that computer.

4. MaxWade

MaxWade Private E-2

Thanks for getting me straight man, I was kinda iffy on if it was hex or not. registry idea is good.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds