What do you wear on your precious feet?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by theefool, Aug 12, 2005.

1. theefool

theefool Geekified

I typically wear Birkenstocks. I've been wearing this brand for about 15 years. To the point that you can see the tan lines on my feet!

I do want to mention that I wear my Birks nearly all year round. Even in the snow.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

around house I go commando ;)

outside, Timberland sockies :) but that depends on the type of shoe/boot I'm wearing if I'm wearing something that you's look a nob in with socks on then I dont wear socks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  3. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Summertime w/shorts - Skechers tennis shoes

Winter or w/pants - Timberland (casual dress, boot/shoe looking thingy)

I'm also the type that when I get out of bed...I hit the ground running and I have to have shoes on from the time I get up, till the time I go to bed...unless I lay on the couch before bed time, to watch a movie...but that doesn't happen very often!!

Roger

4. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Shoes are evil, I wear them as little as possible, but when I do they're the nearest pair of slide on deck shoes. Comfort baby, fashion can bite me.

5. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

Same pair of Doc Martens for 11 years now. :eek:
    TUK's
    Black Chuck Taylor high-tops...Old School Baby!

-Steve

6. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

I tried to buy a pair of Birks, but they wanted way too much money………I’m six feet five inches tall, my feet are a US size 16, they wanted $125.00 for sandals……I found sandals for $12.00 at the local wal-mart……….and I wear them all year, except when it rains….

….and like some others here at MG, I’ll be at something like a superbowl party, and not caring who wins, be coming out of the hot tub, and somebody always asks, what happened to your feet, my feet keep some of the faded tan lines from the warmer months………wobbles

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Would have helped if I'd have had more caffiene this morning .... LMAO thought you were talking about socks, must have had a floater in my eye that masked the "T" :)

as for shoes ... still the Timberland one is valid, also Cat boots ( not the fashion ones the re-inforced steel ones ), Kangol shoes, easy to wear and lightweight.

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

In the summer as little as possible. Things on my feet really bug me as they overheat easily, so flip flops is about it, if that.

In the winter I have ice blocks for feet so usually some sort of boot, depending on what I am doing as to whether it has heels or just a good grip. Actually this thread is really useful as I am looking to buy some new boots for hunting this October. Keep the preferences rolling in...I'm all ears! :)

9. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

It depends on what I'm doing, if I'm working, and what I'm wearing.

Work: either steel-toed boots or high-top uniform sneakers, both Red Wing brand.

Play: either my high-top Red Wings, slipper-shoes, sandals (some brand I forget, bought a pair in Hawaii that I LOVE), or little white cheerleader-type tennis shoes. I have several pairs of dress shoes and a couple of pairs of heeled sandals that I wear for dressier occasions.

I rarely make it more than three feet inside the door before taking my shoes off, I refuse to wear them in the house. In winter, I wear socks or sheepskin-lined slippers in the house so I don't freeze.

10. theefool

theefool Geekified

I'm 6' 6" tall, but my foot size is 13. My birks cost only $110.

11. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i am ashamed to say i wear flip-flops!! when i was in england i wouldn't have been seen dead in them, and in fact it took me two years to stop wearing high heals here. but you know what they say...'when in rome'..lol much aloha

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds