please help me with, error loading c:\windows\syste32m\...........

Discussion in 'Software' started by pgwillin, Jul 5, 2008.

1. pgwillin

pgwillin Private E-2

i have just put a new hard drive in an old machine aand installed a brand new windows xp op sys. When I start the computer after windows launches i get the following 2 error:

error loading c:\windows\system32\ogtxtnmo.dll specified module could not be found

error loading c:\windows\system32\qrglumop.dll specified module could not be found

Can anyone tell me what this is and how to fix it????

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

With those two files not being recognised windows dlls ( dynamic link libraries ) and with them popping up on boot I would be suspecting malware as the cause of these so to rule this out please do follow the below

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Google searches turned up nothing other than this thread. Those are missing files. You can do a search on each filename in start, regedit and delete the key. Back up your registry to a file in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds