well, here it is!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bizn92, Mar 24, 2011.

1. bizn92

bizn92 Private E-2

maybe this is the wrong forum for this post but ill get it right eventually bare with me. my firewall keeps detecting intrusions from a china unicom allllll day EVERYday from several ip addresses. it looks like im not the only one dealing with this issue but i have yet to find any solution to the problem, does anyone have any suggestions? :confused

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

It's stopping the intrusion attempts, correct?
    There is no suggestion, the firewall is doing what it is supposed to do. It is just logging the attempts at penetration.
    If it is not stopping the intrusions, you need to change settings in your firewall configuration to disallow the .com that is doing this. (And probably run malware scans.)

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Agreed with lbmest.

You can also contact your ISP support and report the attacks - they should be able to discern the IP address range that the intruders are using and take prevention steps.

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

And since no one else saw fit to say it, I will.
    Welcome to Major Geeks.

5. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

That is alerting you to incoming attempts and you have scanned your system recently? I love to run malwarebytes anti-malware when something odd is happening and then I feel better when i ignore it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds