p4 478 1mb cache?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rehabb, Jan 11, 2005.

1. rehabb

rehabb Private E-2

will a motherboard that supports 512 kb cache processor drop the processor that i just bought that is 1mb cache down to 512 .. i have a d865perl.. says it supports 512kb but just need to know thanks.

2. rehabb

rehabb Private E-2

anyone.. i need to order the right motherboard if so.

3. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

As far as I know, as long as it has the right number of pins, the cache doesn't matter to the motherboard. Cache is internal to the processor and is not used by any other component. Same with the 8Mb of cache on a hard drive. Or 2Mb of cache on an optical drive. (or older hard drives)

4. rehabb

rehabb Private E-2

thanks guys...i just cant seem to get it to turn on... my hard drive wont even spin.. it turns on but idles and does nothing

5. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

that usually means you have a cpu or memory issue. read this thread: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51835

then try to read up on your manual for settings and all that first. usually these problems are easily solved. just be patient and read up on as much as you can.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds