End Program - CL RC Engine 3 Dummy Window

Discussion in 'Software' started by normnval, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normnval

normnval Private E-2

I just got a brand new Dell laptop with XP Home. When I shut down or restart, I get a window titled "End Program - CL RC Engine 3 Dummy Window", and it's asking me to click "End Program". If I don't click it, then it goes to a screen that says it's not responding, and I'm forced to click "End Now" before it will finish shutting down.

Does anyone have any idea what that program is or how to fix this?

Thanks
    Norm

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. normnval

normnval Private E-2

I saw that thread, but it's a little different. I'm not getting an application error, I'm just getting the message on shutdown that the program isn't ending on its own, and I'm forced to end it. Any ideas on that? Do you know what CL RC Engine 3 is?

Thanks

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

As that thread states, it is part of your Dell media experience. The link clearly shows you how to uninstall and reinstall, as well as suggestions for disabling if you don't use it or product support updates from Dell.

5. normnval

normnval Private E-2

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood it. I'll check it out again. BTW, I love your avatar...where'd you find that?? Or did you make it yourself?
    Thanks

6. normnval

normnval Private E-2

I looked at that thread again. It refers to a specific program called PCM Service.exe. My issue I believe is different. Does anyone else know why it's not ending on shutdown?

Thanks

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

OK...it is still the same piece of software that is causing you the issue, whether it is the PCM service.exe that is causing the problem or not. yoiu can still try the repair tool for this software, or try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it to resolve the software issue.

Did you even try these?

Did you go to the Dell site and try updates for this software?

You need to try some of these suggestions and at least eliminate a few suggestions because without some specific event errors or ineffective filenames you have given very little to go on.

8. Simon Perez

Simon Perez Guest

I had the same problem, CL RC Engine 3 Dummy Window PCM Services.exe error.

I found the SOLUTION.

Unistall DELL Media Direct ans Install it again, problem solved.

Regards,
    Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds