Eliminating Irritating Warnings????

Discussion in 'Software' started by Monster, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Monster

Monster Guest

In a Fastmail account, when I click delete trash, I get a warning pop-up asking me if I really do want to delete the trash... I wouldn't have clicked "delete trash" if I didn't want it deleted... It's just a little repeating irritant.. and Fastmail tells me they aren't about to change it, because a lot of users do need that kind of secondary warning to prevent them from making serious deletion errors...

I am running an old desktop with W98se...
    What must I do to eliminate that secondary pop-up warning?..

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You dont as it would take Fastmail to re-program their application to give you that option and as you mentioned they are not about to action your request, alternative answer is get new mail account that has this option, but many do have the secondary reminder to "do you really want to delete" so in the ones I use all have this question.. sorry.

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I am running an old desktop with W98se... What must I do to eliminate that secondary pop-up warning? Monster :cry <<

Whoa, kiddo... may all of your problems in life be no larger or than this monstrosity!

I'm sure that the developers of so-called "emptied trash recovery" software for when Recycle bin items are inadvertently deleted/lost are with you 100% on this one. <g>

The reason ISP's like AOL, Yahoo, Netscape as well most other Email freebie sites (such as Fastmail) have these warning popups; is primarily to save themselves from the deluge of support calls they used to get from their frantic and irate clients when they clicked "empty trash" and then changed their mind after the data was lost and gone for good!

You might try the aptly named program called BuZof Annoying Windows Eliminator. Once installed, BuZof sits in your tray and any open window that you do not like can be added to the list. Next time that window opens it automatically closes with no intervention from the user.

Buzof also enables the user to automatically answer, close or minimize just about any recurring window including messages, prompts, and dialog boxes. It works with almost any program (Windows related or not) and makes life much easier whether using programs or the internet.

Anytime a program error or window or internet window like the annoying "Do you really want to delete" or "Would you like Windows to Automatically Save the Form Entries?" and such, appears - I just ZAP it with the aptly named "Buzof" once and I never see it again! If you change your mind and want the window back, you simply uncheck or delete that entry within Buzof.

Side Note: I usually try to go for freeware alternatives; but this Buzof utility was well worth the 15 bucks I paid for it; considering the time and aggravation and hassles it saves me from. It is truly one of those utilities that once you use it; you soon can’t figure out how you lived without it!

Good Luck!

4. Monster

Monster Guest

Well there yah go... So I just downloaded Buzof... Finally I get rid of those pesky pops that force double tasking... And it's a lot better than sanding the HD... Thanks a bunch... :celebrate

5. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Well there yah go... So I just downloaded Buzof... Finally I get rid of those pesky pops that force double tasking... And it's a lot better than sanding the HD... Thanks a bunch... Monster<<

I'm so glad it worked out for you! :)

I've never met anyone who tried that BuZof program after I suggested it - and did not like it. It's one of those things like a TV Remote or something - once you try one it's like suddenly you wonder how you possibly did without it.

It works as a 'secret file keeper' for privacy as well because it works for any OPEN "named" window..

Just tick that .doc .pic .mp3 or whatever folder you want and ::poof:: no one can see it anymore because when they open it - 'bing' it closes with no warning or where the source of it's suddenly closing actually is - so the person opening your private file is clueless.

Then when you want to open it again just untick the filename in buZof and you're good to go!

Good Luck!

6. Monster

Monster Guest

Big OoPS!.. Buzof is only for W2k, and up... On Darn!...
    Any other ideas?..

7. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Monster Big OoPS!.. Buzof is only for W2k, and up... On Darn!... Any other ideas? <<

I believe the older legacy version Buzof 1.7 - [(c.) 1996-2001] works with Pre Win XP / 2000 operating systems.

Good Luck!

8. Monster

Monster Guest

Ohh sigh...

9. Quark_

Quark_ Private E-2

Hi
    I need the opposite of what monster wants.
    I have XP and and i accidentally hit the "dont show me this again" button in one of my programs and i need to undo that because now i sometime loose data.
    BUT i dont know where to dig in windows registry to bring the warning back again.

10. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

It's a pity that all programs didn't have another option box entitled:-

"Delete this and DON"T ask". Wouldn't take much programming, IMO, at initial programming stages. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds