Primary hard drive not found and secondary

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PICCOLO, Jan 31, 2008.

1. PICCOLO

PICCOLO Private E-2

I,m new to the computer world but the guy at best buy said i would be able to install my a cd player on my own when i was finish the the computer screen was blue with an error message that had alot of numbers that i dont know anything about so then i restarted the computer now it says primary hard disk along with the secondary hard disk not found:(:(

2. TollhouseFrank

TollhouseFrank Private First Class

Probably unplugged the ide cable (the flat ribbon cable that is likely gray in color) from the motherboard. Check to make sure your cables are plugged in and secure and try agian.

3. PICCOLO

PICCOLO Private E-2

Thank you for your reply tollhouse frank,I think my computer is just too old it tells me to press f1 when i do that it just repeats press f1 this may sound kind of dumb but on the grey ribbon it says hdd1 and hdd2 can i put the drive on the #2 slot oh like i said the computer is old it's a 99 i gave to my son so i bought a new drive for him the computer is a dell and the hdd is maxtor do i have to get a dell drive

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds