Primary Drive 0 Not Found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EE8, Aug 9, 2010.

1. EE8

EE8 Private E-2

Hi, I have a Dell Optiplex Gx270. Whenever I turn my computer on, I get a black screen saying Primary drive not found. I have 2 options F1 to continue and F2 to run set up. My computer is also making noises.

Thanks in advance.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Primary hard drive not found either means the hard drive is dead or the cable has gone bad. Easiest first step, replace the ribbon cable.

Too vague for us to provide any help.

While you have the side off, take an empty paper towel holder, turn the computer on and try and figure out exactly where the noise is coming from by holding the towel holder to your ear and moving it around to the different parts of the computer. Also we need some sort of description as to the type of noise.

3. EE8

EE8 Private E-2

Thanks.

And the noise is similar to how a CD sounds when it's processing.

The noise is coming from somewhere near the CD drive

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds