looking for directory printer

Discussion in 'Software' started by foogoo, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Looking for a program to print directories - I had one that would print direcories out as CD covers.. but XP doesn't agree with it.. now when you click browse it freaks.. it was just a simple standalone app that still works for Win98.. but the author has disappeared and never brought it up to XP standards.

So I need a directory printer that prints "cd covers" (or like) listings of directories & files specified.

Anyone?

PS - tried JD.. Advance Directory printer .. & Karens..

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

I doubt this will work:

Start, run, type in: CMD (press enter)

dir /ad > blah (press enteR)

notepad blah (press enter)

when notepad opens up, click on File, Print.

But, I highly doubt this is what you want.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Wait, you were not talking about CDs as in "change directory" covers, but actual cd covers?

We may need more info on this topic.

4. foogoo

CD as in plastic cases. print covers with the contents of the disk ie the directory.

5. foogoo

Also the dir C:>file.txt is not what I am looking for.

6. foogoo

7. zepper

zepper Corporal

http://www.karenware.com has a generalized directory printer. I don't know how much it has in the way of output customization, but it is an excellent program. And being freeware doesn't hurt.

.bh.

8. NMCS_Ron

NMCS_Ron Private E-2

JR Directory Printer
    http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/
    ========================================================
    Version: 1.2

The JR Directory Printer utility allows you to print a listing of every subdirectory and/or file contained within a directory and/or subdirectory. It supports lowercase/dos style filename, file size in KB/bytes, attributes, custom file length, etc.

(size: 173 KB)
    ========================================================
    http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/jdirprint.htm

Directory Printer (For Windows 95/98/2000/NT/ME/XP)

The JR Directory Printer Utility allows you to print a listing of every file contained within a directory and/or subdirectory(ies).

The result displayed in NotePad or default text editor as "dirprint.txt" file. This file is created in "JR Directory Printer" installtion folder, each time you click "Start" button.

Options:

Check Recurse Sub-directories option to see a complete list of all subdirectories and all files in all directories.

The Lowercase Filename option will force all file names into lowercase regardless of the actual file name.

Dos style filename option will limit the file name length within 8 chars.

Display Sub-directories will result in a list of all subdirectories contained under the selected directory along with a list of all individual files contained under the root directory. It will not list all subdirectories or individual files contained in the main subdirectories. To see a complete list of all subdirectories and all files in all directories, you would check the Recurse Sub-directories option and click on the Start button. This would rewrite the"dirprint.txt" file using the new options.

You can limit length file names so that they fits properly in list. By default this value is 35 chars.

You can check/uncheck Display Size, DateTime and Attributes option to list/unlist the file size, modified date/time and file attributes (a - Archives, r - Read Only, s - System, h - Hidden).

Download (size: 173 KB)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds