Free micro sd recovery program

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grimmer, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Grimmer

Grimmer Corporal

Somehow I corrupted the files on my 1 gb micro sd chip for my motorola cell phone and all the pics I had on there have become unreadable. I went on to the manufacturers website and found this program to fix the problem but it costs $40 to buy it ;(. Does anyone know of a good freeware app that will accomplish the same thing? I have both win xp and ubuntu so any freeware app that would work w/ either of these os's would be good. -Thanks for your time.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2192)-n/a-Rescue_Pro_Deluxe_40.aspx

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

3. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

i actually posted this for knoppix, but it might work for ubuntu? i'm not familiar with ubuntu, but i know what i posted is similar to mandriva (as mentioned i've never used ubuntu - i'm in a learning/playing mode for linux).

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=162112 <-- Hard Drive Disappeared

edit - this might let you get at the data, but if the data is corrupted, that's a totally different story. also, note that in the thread above, there are other links provided by members here. - g/l, sos

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  4. Grimmer

Grimmer Corporal

Thank you Goran that program worked perfectly you saved me some $ I appreciate it.;)

sosaman- I'm pretty sure the data is corrupted because when I open the disk all I see is a bunch of folders with boxes and weird characters for the folder names. I don't know how these got on here or how they were renamed such weird names but originally this sd chip only had 4 folders music,pictures,movies,and games. Here is a pic of what I am seeing so you guys can see just how weird this is. Also the files were renamed and changed they lost there original format, when i pull up properties and look under file type it's name is the same as the current file name. How could this have happened? I'm happy I got a fix for this but now I'm just curious how this happened to begin with and how I can prevent it from happening again.
    -Thank you for your time and effort.
    [​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds