hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by the_artz19, Jun 30, 2008.

1. the_artz19

the_artz19 Private First Class

recently, an infection(which of course is just my luck sadly) has tested me.
    i opted to search through and request help in forums, although perhaps too many since this would be my i think 3rd or 4th forum i have joined. yet i was told to mention this to possibly stop confusion or crossing instructions on fixing my problems(so there : /)

yet i am hoping that i can at least get another opinion here and maybe even end up educated enough that i can stop the usual streak of infections and complications i usually experience.

i will post more specifically in a help post after this so hopefully i dont just drag on and on.

thanks for having me and hopefully the troubleshooting in the future : )

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.
    I see you have already posted in the malware forum.
    The guys in there will want you to go through the steps here first>>>> READ & RUN ME FIRST

It will give you a head start.

Good Luck.

3. the_artz19

the_artz19 Private First Class

thank you,
    aparently my computer may be fine, or maybe the problem that spyware dr. found might not have been the problem. if combofix is indeed safe to use, then it would seem that paying 40$ for a service that only finds fake problems....may be my only problem.
    my computer did seem to be slow, and things did freeze, but if combofix isnt a trojan, than is the other entry a problem either? i wonder what if anything could be causing it, because i allready have and had antispyware,malware,adware and antivirus.
    anyway im going to go post the combofix, and then run the last scanner.

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Please stick to posting in your thread in the malware forum.
    The malware team are the experts at this, and they are the only one's who can advise you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds