Thank you - majorgeek forums!!!!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by schleprocker, Jun 30, 2008.

1. schleprocker

schleprocker Private E-2

I just wanted to give a deep heart filled thanks to all who make this site possible!!! you do us all a great service and i am so happy i found your site so full of great information packaged in such a easy to understand way.
    i got infected downloading a document from a p2p program ( i was trying to be cheap and find info for free)....... when i found the document i was looking for come up i was so happy i clicked download before i noticed the file size was really small and * ZAP* lickety split dos window opened small program installed and the desktop started shutting on and off along with warnings about malware and click here to fix blah blah blah . I let my guard down for a split second and it cost me. traditional ad-ware and antivirus dint remove the problem and i floundered looking for removal tools on the web to help. saw mention of majorgeeks website in several forums reguarding malware removal so i came here !! i followed your instructions and learned quite a bit on malware as well as new tips and programs to add to my arsenal against malware. this drive is running better than ever now thanks to u guys.........
    AGAIN > THANK YOU < U GUYS ROCK!!!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

Glad MGs could help you out with your malware problems. The experts in there are the best anywhere!

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.

Glad to here you got your problem sorted.

chalk up another win for the malware team:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds