Vista Password clear/reset

Discussion in 'Software' started by Break_Da, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

HP a6763w
    Vista Home Premium sp1
    64-bit

Need to reset or clear some passwords. I have tried to use UBCD 5.02 to clear them. It didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't think I have a password reset disk to use along with Vista...

thanks in advance,

2. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

The utility on the UBCD 5.02 uses Offline NT Password and Registry editor, version 080802. At the hosted web site for this utility is a version 100627. I am downloading this and ophcrack livecd for vista and xp...of course with hopes to use the Vista version.

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

can you not just goto User Accounts and dump the user accounts in whole?

4. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

more specifically? I would still need a password for the Admin account or an account with Admin rights. Right?

5. JonBoyFishhead

JonBoyFishhead Private First Class

try running Ophcrack. It's an open source program

6. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

used the vista free version only, I do not know what to change on the program for the open source portion... the more sophisticated versions of ophcrack require some money to download...

7. JonBoyFishhead

JonBoyFishhead Private First Class

8. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

this is one of the programs already tried, this version is on the UBCD 5.02 disc, didn't eliviate the problem.

9. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

10. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

no, i can only gain access to the guest account, sorry for the very late reply

11. joel2224

joel2224 Private E-2

I found the Trinity Rescue program, downloaded it and wrote it to a CD in the Joliet standard as a data CD. I restarted the computer with the DVD drive containing the CD as the first boot device and I can hear the drive reading the CD but then it goes to Windows. Is there an obvious mistake I'm making?

12. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

13. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Tgell's link will work fine.

Just for an explanation I think your original problem was writing the CD as a "data" CD. You need to burn ISO files as "image" files.

14. joel2224

joel2224 Private E-2

Nevermind, I found out how to burn an ISO image.

15. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Nice work. Let us know if Trinity works for you.

16. unimatrix001

unimatrix001 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds