Chips off the old bci-6 canon cartridge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by humblejohn, Nov 27, 2012.

1. humblejohn

humblejohn Private E-2

:cryI may have done it again. Ordered canon i9900 (compatible) ink cartridges. I got them today from Overstock.com and they came in packages labeled G&G. It says on the package, "without chip". My mini knowledge of printers tells me that the cartridges MUST have chips and therefore these cartridges cannot be compatible with the i9900. Am I right? Can I use these or will it damage the printer? I have expensive canon photo paper and I am nervous!

The invoice that came with the poorly wrapped package says that the cartridges are compatible with the BCI-6 series cartridges.

Have I been f--ked? Thanks in advance.

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Yes. Reputable aftermarket ink sellers will either include the chips (mounted on the cartridges) or clearly state in their ad the chips are required but NOT included.

I use aftermarket ink in both Brother and Canon inkjets at work. If you buy from a reputable (top rated) seller on eBay, you'll usually get a good product. In the mean time, I'd call or e-mail Overstock and tell them about the issue. Given the omission (deception) about the chips, you have the right to ask for a full refund plus a prepaid shipping return label.

Hope this helps. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds