Firefox, and Ebay running slow

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-15281db623, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

This is really wierd. For that last week Ebay has been loading extreamly slow on firefox.

I have used IE, and netscape, on other compturs on my network, and Ebay is fast as a button! Even at my school where they have 300 computers sharing 1 DSL line it loads pretty quick.

I have cleaned out everything, did the usual spyware, adware, and virus check, but no luck there. SP2 didnt fix anything eather.

Anyone have a clue to why only Ebay is running slow only on my computer?

Thanks

:cool:

cooked

2. harry hu ha

harry hu ha Private First Class

i cant help you but i also have the same problem and a couple more i cant check out some video clips on the net when using firefox which really sucks does anyone know how to fix this?
    thanks in advance :)

3. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Harry

I am going to see if updating to the latest version of firefox fixes any thing.

Also i just noticed the slow down about a week after i applied that tweek to firefox....Hummmm?

:cool:

cooked

4. barnburner

barnburner Private First Class

5. mikil

mikil Private E-2

Same problem here!

I have had the same problem lately with Ebay (just recently). I have just reformatted my computer today and after doing a microsoft update I satrted to surf the net again and guess what? the problem still seems to exist with Ebay SLOWWWWW! There seems to be no problem with my system seeing its completely clean . I have done a few searches online and it seems its "Ebays" fault. Many many people are having the same problem.They have basically overloaded their pages with tons of crap leaving us folks with older slower computers that do NOT have enough RAM to suffer.Guess they will be the loosers in the long run when people stop using their service because of this problem???? I do NOT understand when a company has such a GOOD thing going some moron screws things up ? In tough economic times like these you would think Ebay would leave good alone right? Guess we will see how their stock looks like the next quarter? Thanks for reading An EX Ebay customer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds