Testing!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Beatlehead, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Beatlehead

Beatlehead Private E-2

Just trying this out!:)

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks!:)

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Steve

4. ralph908

ralph908 Private E-2

Sorry about using this thread .. but I am new today and didn;t see where to start a new post

am haveing a number issues with my desktop .. however let try this one..

The problem is with my Cd writer. It is not seen in "My computer" it used to be the E drive now it now longer show ups. Nor does the light go on when I turn on the PC.

I have done the following:

1. I have opened up the case and removed the power cable and the other cable "ribbon" I think it is called. then rebooted the PC. Shut it back down and plug the two connections back in and rebooted.
    I was hoping XP would see it as a new device and and find it again.
    but no go ..

2. I wanted to look in the Bios to see if it show up there. But
    not matter what key strokes I used the bios will not come up.. SO
    I look it up on the net . I have a Compaq Presario P3 running XP ..
    it said I should use Cnlt Alt Esc .. I tryied it a number of times but just get a screen that ask me what langauge I want to use. Then it gives me two option one is to boot from the A: drive the other is the hard drive ..
    So I cannot even see the Drive is in the Bios.

3. I have run my virus scan "updated" and malware and spyware and the system seems clean ..

I know the CD drive are not that much money but I like to determine what is causing these issues before I go out and buy and new one and still have the same problems ...

Any one have any Idea's ..

Tks ..

5. Yugku

Yugku Private E-2

Welcome Beatlehead and ralph908.

Nice bit oh hijacking ralph908.:rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds