hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by gervin, Jan 7, 2008.

1. gervin

gervin Private E-2

First time on this... I ran hijack this and had it analyzed. I am not sure how to post findings on this forum. Any help appreciated.
    gervin

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Welcome to Majorgeeks!

As you likely already know is that malware is a massive pest these days and does its level best to hide itself in any number of places, So just a Hijackthis log will not show all the malware that can be on your PC, the full guide of our steps below has a few other logs that show alot of the malware on your PC and where they are located,

So logs that you will get to attach are:

MGlogs.zip (which has 5 logs inside it, including Hijackthis, just attach the whole Zip )
    AVG
    Combofix logs.

[​IMG]

After these are attached our malware experts will review these to see if your OK, if not they will issue you some further removal instructions,

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. gervin

gervin Private E-2

Thank you for your response. So is it worth it to have hijackthis on my computer? I do have AVG and zone alarm. what do i do with the info hijackthis gives me? Thanks
    gervin

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You should uninstall HJT as it will be properly installed when you download the MGTools.exe after doing the Read and Run First sticky in the malware section. :)

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds