Cloning

Discussion in 'Software' started by budman74, Apr 13, 2011.

1. budman74

budman74 Private E-2

I am looking for an alternative to ghost. I want to clone several computers across the network. I am looking for creation and deployment across the network. I would prefer not to have to use a CD. I have an older version of ghost but it will not do Win7 so I need to find something that will. I don’t mind spending a little money but ghost wants way too much for their software. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yeah I know they want a fortune for the app these days, I've not of late gone int the subject of cloning (opposed to Imaging) I ment too but time flies and I forgot to recover this topic for my own personal knowledge but I do remember a Open Source app called CloneZilla that may do what you want, not I have not tried it in Windows 7 enviroment, but as its free its worth a test.

http://majorgeeks.com/Clonezilla_d6292.html

Homepage here with FAQ etc

I do remember during the beta and RC test phases of Windows 7 a few users in the private techbeta using Clonezilla with no issues.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds