Windows Boot Frozen & Rec. CD Wont Boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by zoglogic, Mar 26, 2011.

1. zoglogic

zoglogic Private E-2

Windows will not get passed the logo. I tried to boot in safe mode and it shows a list of drivers being installed & then it freezes. I insert my recovery CD into the drive and check the bios to ensure order of boot. During restart I pressed f12 & when boot options appear, CD\DVD Drive is highlited. I select by using enter & then the next screen give me only two options. 1. Start windows normal, 2. Use recovery console. If I select windows, again it sits there.....i do not know much about recovery console.

I have read much online about thesubject.... With so many different ideas.

1. Does anyone know what to do next
    2. Is there a way to make the cd run from the recovery console? If so what are the commands?

Also, last time I went into the recovery console, i had to select number 1, but after that it froze. The cursor did not appear.

Any suggestions.

R

2. usererr0r

usererr0r Private E-2

What is the file that safe mode booting hangs on, the last one in the list?
    have you tried tapping F8 and running the system restore, "Directory Services Restore Mode"

Or last know good configuration, I have found that the WIN7 system restore actually works very well compared to the XP sys restore, which would commonly just restore the virus or malware you just removed.

if you are having issue booting to the CD/DVD check the boot order in your bios, F2 on a dell, make sure that the CD-DVD is above your HDD in the list and also enabled. I think hitting <space> will enable /disable a device in the boot order, depending on the age of your system, and if it is WIN 7 installed it should be newer.

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, zoglogic.

To follow up on usererr0r's suggestions: what OS and Service Pack # are you using?

Make sure any non-essential USB devices are disconnected when you try to boot - in fact, if your keyboard and/or mouse are USB, try to use PS2 if any are available.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds