No internet connection on start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iron_maiden_360, May 23, 2012.

1. iron_maiden_360

iron_maiden_360 Private E-2

Whenever I start up my computer after it being turned off overnight, I can't connect to the internet automatically.

This has started happening within the past week.

To fix it, I have to right click on the network icon in the bottom right of the screen and click "Diagnose and Repair" and then "Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter "Local Area Connection""

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you are using Windows 7 right click on your wireless icon in the system tray. Select Open Network and Sharing Center. In the left pane select Manage Wireless Networks. Right click your Network and select Properties. Under the connection tab, make sure "Connect Automatically when this Network is in range" is checked. Also make sure your network is at the top of the list if there is more than one listed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds