"icardagt.exe" cannot access a necessary file, "msvcp80.dll."

Discussion in 'Software' started by legalsuit, Feb 16, 2007.

1. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

The error message appears and cannot be repaired in Norton WinDoctor:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\icardagt.exe" cannot access a necessary file, "msvcp80.dll.".

Earlier investigations in Forums when this occurred with ONLY the msvcp80.dll file provided the solution to use the Norton option to "ignore" this file because apparently it was a Norton problem.

Now the error shows the two files which includes the "icardagt.exe" file. Any solutions out there to fix this?

2. skippy258

skippy258 Private E-2

hi i have had a search throw the old forums on MG here but have not found anything to help but i did a search online and found this forum that looks like your problem by the looks to me from this forum that it is a Disk Defragmenter and Norton Speed Disk clash, as they do not work the same way. The one works against the other.

For more info go here: (link)

Hope this helps best of luck

3. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Hi Skippy

Thank you for your prompt response and advice (sorry for late reply but not been able to access MajorGeeks website today until now!). Will try out your suggestions. Much appreciate it!

Cheers

4. Bob T2000

Bob T2000 Private E-2

From what I can tell, icardagt.exe is part of .NET 2.0. My research has identified at least two instances where this error actually occurs (as opposed to being identified as a process error in a system scan utility like Norton). I encountered this error only after uninstalling some Microsoft applications and the uninstall evidently took this file with it. While I don't know if this problem is only identified by Norton, I do know that installing the requested file in the C:\Windows\System32 directory has permanently made the warning disappear--I also consider giving a program the things it needs/wants works much better for system stability. To install the file, either scan your machine for it and copy it to the System 32 folder or download it from a reputable source <search engine, search for msvcp80.dll> and copy it. This method has also come in handy when running various programs that need dll's that are no longer included in newer operating systems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds