Gateway E Series needing RealTek AC 97 Audio Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by StokesNC, Aug 23, 2008.

1. StokesNC

StokesNC Private E-2

Device Description Type
    Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0] PCI

Field Value
    Motherboard Name Intel Brownsville D845GBV / Brownsville 2 D845GEBV2 / Rexburg D845GRG / Rexburg 2 D845GERG2

I purchased this pc used for my kids. The guy loaded XP and I was able to get everything else missing except for this.

I tried the Gateway site and loaded what they had listed, went to MPRC and downloaded what they had, finally got close between Intel and Realtek but when it gets to alcvrm.exe, it crashes windows xp. this is the last file it tries to complete the driver installation.

I'm at a loss. I've seen quite a bit here on majorgeeks and elsewhere regarding how big a pain in the butt this is but no solution yet.

Here's hoping someone can help me!
    Thanks

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    Download this driver for the audio, but be sure to install the chipset driver first, then reboot, then install the audio driver. Let us know if this works for you!!!! Good luck!

[dlb]

(if this fails, upload an Everest report as an attachment, and we'll go from there)
    :-D

3. StokesNC

StokesNC Private E-2

After two days and I don't know how many driver attempts and chip set installs...
    I found a thread about it actually being a sigmatel audio and found the driver.
    Sound at last...
    I'll post the thread and driver info for others.
    What a pain? Been a long time since I've spent that much time troubleshooting an issue. I guess you get jaded in the IT industry and anything you can't fix quickly ends up being a re-image.
    Thanks for the reply.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds