Gateway MX6028 Audio Driver Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by rereis, Jan 4, 2010.

1. rereis

rereis Private E-2

Having the very same issue with my MX6028. Tried all I read.

currently on SP2 , I installed the chipset first and rebooted.

when running the installed of Conexant_Audio_6.14.10.0565.exe in the background nothing happen. if I use the setup.exe (where you can see the GUI) the install is falling.
    If I force the driver by going to the device and pointing to the Conexant folder I get a blue screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

You will need to install the UAA driver before the Audio one, UAA driver is HERE, see if that helps.

But do uninstall any audio driver thats installed at present, from Device Manager

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

Gateway is notorious for supplying non-functional drivers for certain laptops (mainly the MX6000 series), especially for the Conexant audio and the Conexant modem. I have a folder somewhere called "Nightmare Gateway Drivers" with functional Conexant audio/modem drivers. If Halo's suggestion doesn't work, please post and we'll figure out a way to get these drivers to you. My 'nightmare' drivers have ALWAYS worked when other drivers have failed. So, let us know what happens, and we'll go from there.
    :-D

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds