Eurpoean Date style on files & folders??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rizznut, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Rizznut

Rizznut Private E-2

I'm noticing that some of my files have the european style date. ie November 9, 2005 comes up as 09/11/2005. I first noticed it when I was using Excel and trying to enter the date. It would come up 09/11/2005 instead of 11/09/2005. Even when I went to change the format of the cell.
    But now I see the same thing in Windows Explorer. Files and folders are dated in the euorpean date style.

Any ideas??

Thanks
    Rizznut

2. Flushed

Flushed Private E-2

No probs. It look like your Regional options are set wrong.

Go to control panel and edit the regional and language options.

You should have three tabs Regional Options / Languages / Advanced

Regional Options - Make sure both drop down boxes are set to English (United States)
    Language - Make sure your Keyboard is set up as a US Keyboard
    Advanced - Make sure that drop down box is set to English (United States)

Bearing in mind I'm from the UK but I'm pretty sure that should solve it.

Rob

3. Rizznut

Rizznut Private E-2

Thanks for the tip. It was actually in the Customize section on the Regional Options tab, then in the Date tab.

Thanks again!!!

Cheers
    Rizz

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I long for the day when America will adopt the metric system, and drive on the correct side of the road. :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds