Novice user needs help with getting Vista system recovery disc to run

Discussion in 'Software' started by alice1862, May 1, 2008.

1. alice1862

alice1862 Private E-2

Greetings,

I have a P105-S6197 Toshiba with Vista home premium 32-bit and I have followed the instructions on the recovery disc,

1. Place the disc or #1 disc into the drive.
    2. Power up the computer while holding down the "C" key (release the "C" key when the screen reads "Toshiba")

but these instructions do not work the computer just boots up normally and never runs the disc.

Is there another way to get the disc to run so that I can completely reformat my computer to the way it was when it was first purchased?

Thanks, Alice

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Welcome to MajorGeeks Alice,

http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaS...iceId=&dialogID=42797832&stateId=0 0 42502222

"The printed instructions included with the Recovery and Applications/Drivers Media disc are correct for most computer models. For some models, however -- including those listed above -- booting from the Recovery disc requires pressing the F12 key, rather than the 'C' key. The instructions below are correct for these models."

Complete directions are in the link above, please print them and back up any/all files you may want/need prior to running Recovery.

3. alice1862

alice1862 Private E-2

That did the trick. Thanks so very much!

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Your welcome, glad you got it sorted out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds