Spyware removal, virus detection, hardware support, network support, linux

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jpaulwhite, Jun 3, 2008.

1. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

Hi all,
    Just saying hello. I wanted to register on here in case I need some help with a tough issue or if something I am knowledgeable about can help another user. I have been working in Help Desk support for over 10 years, and I have included my specialties in the title. Looking forward to meeting some new friends :)

john

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to MGs :)

Jump in when you can.

Just a fyi...I see you have malware experience. You won't be able to post in there unless you have a problem yourself that you need help with. There are only a few authorized experts who are allowed to assist with malware issues.

3. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

No problem. I do have experience with SpyWare but I do need to polish it up a bit. As a matter of fact I have a computer that I will be cleaning shortly. Ill be sure to read the FAQs and most likely I will be posting a log in that forum once I get to that point. Back when I was removing SpyWare we used HJT, SpyBot, some BHO program, and believe it or not AVG Anti-Spyware. I am thinking the general process remains the same, just the tools may have changed.

Thanks for the reply too!

4. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

Hi there. Just wondering...do I have to click a button to have my signature displayed?

5. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

Thanks! I do see it displaying now. i don't know what I was looking at earlier

6. jpaulwhite

jpaulwhite Private E-2

Ok. When I submitted the above thread, I could see my sig. but now I DONT see it. weird...

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

User CP > Under 'Settings and Options' > Edit Options > Scroll down to Thread Display Options and make sure 'Show Signatures' is checked

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds