Windows XP home installation stops responding

Discussion in 'Software' started by kingclyd69, Feb 4, 2005.

1. kingclyd69

kingclyd69 Private E-2

hello all

i installed a new hard drive in a computer i built for someone.I used the emachines recovery cd to install windows. It worked fine, until the part where you name your computer. When i click next, the boxes gray it, it seems like it tries to work for a little bit, and then nothing happens it jsut stops responding. I tried to do 'skip' to skip the step isntead, still no good. i also reinstalled it thinkign it would work, still no good. Tried to start in safe mode but it wont because "windows was not fully setup, please restart and finish" or something like that.

any ideas? thanks..

chris

2. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

How long did you wait for it to respond?

I would try again and give it a good fifteen minutes or so when it gets to that point again. Not saying it should take that long, but every system is different for whatever reason.

Steve

3. kingclyd69

kingclyd69 Private E-2

i also thoguht of this, and was tired last night, so i jsut left it on all night. in the morning it was still there...

thanks tho..

anyone else?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds