software or hardware?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IkerSilva, Sep 29, 2009.

1. IkerSilva

IkerSilva Private E-2

Hello, People!
    I was asking on other places, but I`m gathering the different opinions.
    I`m working in the middle size business. We`re looking for shared storage I`m considering what iSCSI solution is better if compare of price and functionality - software or hardware? And what vendor is more reliable?

2. UeGoc

UeGoc Private E-2

I`m using software solution. I think it`s perfect for SMB.

3. IkerSilva

IkerSilva Private E-2

StarWind and DataCore was suggested to me. Can someone tell something about`em?

4. JeanPlatini

JeanPlatini Private E-2

I`m working with this tool. As for me it is good. All my data is backing up, and my shared storage is easy to manage now. I heard some information, that has been leaked from StarWind, that tells about new StarWind version with HA support release. BTW, as I know they have rebate now.

5. IkerSilva

IkerSilva Private E-2

Every answer was precious for me. I want to report that I prefer StarWind of all that was suggested tome.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Software iSCSI will always be cheaper then hardware iSCSI.

7. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

There is No one solution that is best for sharing in general.

Solution depends really on what is the size of the Network what type of sharing is done, make up of servers, software that is used, etc.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds