CD Autoplay problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by hopperdave2000, Aug 8, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Gateway laptop WinXP Home SP1 (installing SP2 as we speak). When I put a CD it doesn't autoplay, or do anything at all. If I open My Computer, and look at the CD drive (drive D), nothing changes when a CD is inserted. Usually when a CD is put in a CD drive, the name of the CD will appear next to the drive letter, but nothing happens. If I double click the CD drive icon in My Computer, the CD window opens and I can view/launch the contents of the CD but they won't autoplay. When I right click on the CD drive icon, autoplay isn't listed as an option, and we all know that it usually is. I did some Googling, and came up with this reg 'fix' which I tried, and which didn't do a freekin' thing (link to CD autoplay fix/reg patch: http://www.pcnx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43). So, does anyone have any ideas? I read in a different forum that I can go to the Device Manager, double click the CD drive, go to the Settings tab, and enable autoplay from there. That would be great if there was a Settings tab for me click! Anyway, I've tried various things in the device manager (there's not much I could do) and I tried some other things (right click the CD in My Computer > Properties, etc..) but to no avail..... any help, ideas, suggestions, links, whatever, will be GREATLY appreciated!!! Much thanx!

hd2k

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Problem solved. It appears as if installing SP2 repaired the autoplay issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds