Finally built it, wont work, UNREAL!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pmanning1969, Mar 24, 2005.

1. pmanning1969

pmanning1969 Private First Class

I finally went through my first build and guess what? It wont work.............damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the lights come on, Bios works, Floppy works but if you connect a hard drive, the boot up screen freezes and nothing works at all. If you disconnect it, the bios screen eventually comes on. Tried different cables, two ahrd drives etc.. same old B.S.

If I plug the cd rw into the board, it comes up imediately into the BIOS but not a single hard drive will. Brand spanking new everything and it wont work.

Any suggestions ?

2. pmanning1969

top of Bios looks like this

PRI. SLAVE = NONE
    SEC. SLAVE = NONE
    SEC. SLAVE = NONE

Botton of Screen states this:

Verifying DMI POOL DATE.....................
    DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

I have the hard drive plugged in right now and nothing recognizes it. Tried the other hard drive same damn thing. What the hell could possibly be wrong? this is brand new stuff. please help!!!!

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

What brand & model MOBO is this?
    What Kind of HDD?

4. pmanning1969

WINFAST Powered by Foxconn 939 pin 755fxk8aa MOBO

Hard Drive is Seagate 80 GB.

5. pmanning1969

I just plugged the hard drive in again and this time it went to the bios and says.............

invalid system disk, repleace the disk and hit enter.

I hit enter and it said.............

Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk.

At the top of the entire BIOS screen it says, "IDE Channel 0. Master Disk HDD S.M.A.R.T. capability...............Disabled.

Thats whats goin on now.

6. BigBird

BigBird Private First Class

Are the jumpers on the hdd set right? Should be set to master or master w/slave if another drive is connected to that cable! Worth a check! :D

7. BigBird

oh also, is the bios set to detect the hdd automatically?

8. pmanning1969

I think everything is set automatically. I plugged the cd rw in and it shows that it exists. But I cannot get the cd open. Nothin else shows that it works.

9. BigBird

Is the cdrw on its own cable, set as master, and plugged into IDE1? The HDD should be on its own cable , set to master and plugged into IDE0!

10. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have you set up a Primary DOS partition and formatted HD yet ??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds