netgear router won't let one comp on internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drumtrucker, Jun 11, 2004.

1. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Private E-2

Just replaced linksys AP with Netgear router wgr614.

Internet access is Direcway 6000 system.

One computer ethernet connected to router, works fine, network and internet.

One laptop w/built in b wifi works fine, network and internet.

One eMachine w/linksys USB wifi adapter sees and is seen on network and by router but cannot access the internet at all, zip, nothing.

I have tried and retried many of (if not all) the obvious stuff.

baffled,

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Do you have MAC filtering set up? That would prevent the PC with the adaptor from connecting. Have you got IEEE encryption on that machine? If you do, try disabling it. It should work with it on, its just you seem to get problems with the connection when its enabled in many cases. What about WEP? have you configured that correctly on the USB adaptor?

Sorry if this is the obvious stuff that you've tried, but unless you tell us what you did I cant be sure :)

3. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Private E-2

mac filtering off (though I tried 'forcing' it by turning it on and adding).

no IEEE, no WEP, wide open and it worked fine when accessing through the replaced linksys router. All other household computers could access the net immediately after switching to the Netgear router. As I mentioned, the problem child is visible on the household network and is seen by the router. All trouble shooting info I can find addresses problems that cause a computer not to be seen on network or be able to surf the net.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds