network server 2003 with xp workstation = printer problems/ mapped drive problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by neuf, Feb 9, 2010.

1. neuf

neuf Private E-2

My current network has 3 new computers with XP SP3 and 2 older computers XP SP3 all dells, the server is also a dell. My network is setup with a domain. My problem is we have one printer that is connected to one of the older computers and is used by everyone on the network to print things. It works fine at first, but after time (~1hour), it doesn't print from any computer except the one its connected to. I am able to go to network places and find the computer that is connected to the printer, but I have to login to this computer and then that reconnects that printer to the network. I have turned off sleep mode/hibernation, turned of the power save modes on the USB ports of the computer with the USB printer(HP laserjet 2035). Also, on the older computers, the mapped network drive after time not be found, and I go to network neighborhood and click on the server, it wants a password but the admin pass won't work. Its very annoying and my dad is ready to kill me! I have had to 2 networking professionals in and they have yet to figure it out.Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

2. neuf

neuf Private E-2

top.....ok I have the printers working, but one old computer still loses connection to the server, any ideas?

3. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

maybe let the rest of us know what you did, or what steps you have taken to get where you are?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds