My SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC got removed [Addie]

Discussion in 'Software' started by addie, Aug 20, 2008.

1. addie

addie Private E-2

i managed to delete all of the drivers, the cards, the whatever it is that comes with my trusty bob, also known as a gateway mx6446.

when i look, there is an empty space where there should be information that you requested... no sound information at all.

now, please understand... i am a mom. i have one son who works for a big company and does gobbildy gook stuff on computers and he won't touch my laptop anymore. another one does internet repair, and i'm forbidden to call him anymore... mostly because i don't comprehend a thing they are telling me.

be gentle.
    please.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Re: My SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC got removed

OK. I say in my most gentle voice.
    First it will be best if you start a thread of your own. You can do that by going here: Drivers and clicking the "New Thread" button in the upper left of the page.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Include where you are looking, in your new thread.
    That's OK, just be sure to answer all my questions, follow my advice and we'll get through this. ;)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Moved to this new thread and if you follow Musksnipes advice you will get fixed up soon.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds