Driver for LAN Realtek 8201 PHY (10/100 Mbit)

Discussion in 'Software' started by elkrishna, Jul 29, 2008.

1. elkrishna

elkrishna Private E-2

I assembled a new desktop and my motherborad CD dont have the driver for the LAN. I searched the gigabyte website and i couldn find one.

This is the configuration:

Gigabyte motherborad - GA-M61SME-S2.
    nVIDIA GeForce 6100/nForce 405 Rev 2.1
    AM2/PCI-E* 16 Micro ATX
    2 DDR2 Dual -CH/HD Audio/PCI-E*1
    10/100 LAN / 2 SATA 3 GB

I am not able to go online from home please if anyone can get me the right driver so that the device manager dosent show up the ! symbol on the LAN.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. kingalfred

kingalfred Private E-2

musksnipe
    I downloaded the drivers you suggested for the GA-M61SME-S2 (I have that motherboard) and installed them on my computer but I still see no reference in Device Manager/Hardware section of any ethernet connection.Have you any further advice.
    Thanks

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

@ Kingalfred: please start your own thread. You will get much more help because you will not be tagged on to the end of someone else's (possibly inactive) thread. Check your BIOS to make sure the on board LAN is enabled. The device manager may have it listed as a Network Controller or possible as an Unknown Device or a PCI Device.

5. kingalfred

kingalfred Private E-2

dlb
    thanks for the information. I have enabled the Onboard Lan
    Boot Rom (the only onboard Lan I can find) and will see if that does the trick. If not I will start a new thread for more information. I am a newby.This was my first question and did not realise I had to start a new thread.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds