advanced system care problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by michalean, May 9, 2011.

1. michalean

michalean Private E-2

I have found ASC to be a very good program and really like it. Only problem I have is that whenever my system shuts downs for installation of new program or updates, etc. it uninstalls from my system.Anyone else with the same problem? or does anyone know what might be causing the problem? I am running Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated, kinda tiring having to reinstall ASC after my system shuts down everytime.:banghead

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Odd. Are you sure it's uninstalling, or does it stop working and you find that reinstalling it fixes the problem. If so, it might not be uninstalling.

3. michalean

michalean Private E-2

Well my shortcut is still on the desktop and when I click on it I get the "shortcut that this refers to has been deleted, and same thing when I pull the file up and click on it in the file, so it appears to be gone.Thanks

4. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

I guess you mean this?:

The item 'filename' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will not work properly.

If so, it can be due to a number of reasons, such as the shortcut being corrupted.
    Not sure what you mean by pulling up the file and clicking on something. Which file is that?
    You can check what's happening by right clicking on a working shortcut and seeing where the target is. Take note of that, and when the thing corrupts, go to the target and see if that runs.

5. michalean

michalean Private E-2

Yes that is the message I get. I mean that when I search for the file ASC4 it comes up with a file showing deep care, etc with either 1KB or 2KB beside each of the listings for what's in the file. Even an exe file. When I click on this, I get the same message so it appears that it is gone from my files. In other words when I search my computer to find it, it is no longer there.Thanks.

6. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

If you are you reinstalling the same copy of Advanced SystemCare 4 every time the copy you downloaded might be corrupted.
    Delete it and download a fresh copy from MajorGeeks @
    http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5927

Uninstall Advanced SystemCare 4 from the computer
    If there are any ASC shortcuts left on your desktop delete them to avoid confusion
    Search for any and all Advanced SystemCare folders and if found, delete them. If you had ASC 3 before make sure those folders are deleted as well.
    Clean the registry
    Restart your computer
    Install the fresh copy of Advanced SystemCare 4 making sure all permissions etc are granted (just assuming here, I don't know Vista)

If that still doesn't work I would check your security software logs and quarantine. It might be flagging ASC at startup and putting it or part of it in quarantine.
    It's a longshot but worth a look

7. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

Sorry for the extra post but I can't edit my previous post

I forgot to ask, you do have full administrator rights don't you?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds