Folder Icons / Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by nomorebigideas, Jul 4, 2007.

1. nomorebigideas

nomorebigideas Private E-2

Ok, really dumb question, I know, but does anyone know where I could find the default icons of the 'My Documents' (or it's equivilent name in Vista). For some reason my icons have changed from the defaults (i.e. the Music folder icon is now just a regular folder).

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Joss

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi try this goto the icon you wish to change back to default and right click > Properties > Customize > Change Icon and in the Look for icons in this file box change the SHELL32.dll part in bold in this line %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll to imageres.dll

so you get this %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll <<< or copy and paste the link, as that dll has the folder icons your after as in the glassy greeny blue ones, once you hightlight the icon you need click apply ok, you may need to refresh or close and reopen the folder, for the icons to change.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds