Norton Antivirus Uninstaller

Discussion in 'Software' started by ANHEDONIC, Feb 11, 2004.

1. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

i know i saw something somewhere on this site that helps you remove Norton (Symantec) completely from your computer.... a friend of mine is switching from Norton to AVG and i wanted to find this removal tool for him... thx

2. Kaotic

Kaotic Private E-2

3. ANHEDONIC

ah yes that was what i saw... so based on that description i guess it's best to remove Norton through Add/Remove programs...

4. Dormie

Dormie Private E-2

norton to avg

is it very important to un install norton before down loading avg
    what happens if you don't follow this procedure

thanks

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Not sure if it was answered for you or if I misunderstood, BUT, yes, remove Nortons Antivirus through add and remove programs, that will remove Live Update and Live Reg if applicable. The removal tool is for people having difficulties uninstalling it and\or to maybe remove some registry entries, though any good registry cleaner will probably do it better.

6. ANHEDONIC

yes thanks for the feedback... my friend removed Norton and instaleld AVG successfully... i will be doing the same thing once my Norton Subscription runs out this summer...

think i'll notice any improvement in performance having switched from Norton to AVG?

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

If your low on ram, yes, its a bit of a hog.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds