program error messages

Discussion in 'Software' started by cyberchick, Mar 24, 2009.

1. cyberchick

cyberchick Private First Class

Hi, I have 2 pc's, this one and an older "Mesh" pc which has been upgraded to Win Xp Proffessional version 2002 service pack 3 (this done several months ago without problem) I run A.V.G. 7.5 anti virus software on it.
    After my husband used the pc for the internet (via our wireless connection) we seem to have had problems.
    Basically the pc starts,the AVG software downloads the updates but I cannot connect to the internet, help and support wont work, outlook express and other programs when they are tried to open the message box on screen says

"Program has encountered a problem and needs to be closed,Please tell microsoft about this problem and you can send a report,"when I click on dont send the program just shuts down

On reading in the forum I thought it may be a mailware problem and printed the list I found through controll panel remove programs that "Delfin Media Viewer" is installed but will not be uninstalled as it says the file does not exist or does not have a valid uninstallation log.

Is this causing my problem or is it something more major, help would be very much appreciated :cry

2. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Private First Class

3. cyberchick

Hi
    Thanks for that I am in the process of putting tthe thread where you suggest, I have read the

"guide from this page: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139685"

I am not exactly sure how to go about this with out the use of the internet, but I will re-read again and see what I am missing out
    Thanks for your help

4. BlackPhoenix

well, my suggestion would be to use the pc you are using now - to download the tools, then proceeding from there you could copy the files necessary to your computer - you do not need an internet connection while scanning i believe, if you go onto that page and follow the instructions for clearing the Operating system you have (your version of windows, xp maybe?) then it should show you exactly what you need to use in order to clear your system and attempt to get it working. then - copy the logs over to your cd / put them on the computer u are using for the internet - and attach them in the necessary thread, i think. im still very new at this myself - i only joined recently, lol.

5. cyberchick

Thanks for that I will read and then give it a go, I am thinking that finding this Delfin media player may not actualy be the main problem I am just trying to go through every thing that may restore the pc to use. I was not aware that these malware programs did so much mayhem!!

6. BlackPhoenix

oh they do - they have been created for all ungodly purposes - i hope you can fix it =D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds