Ethernet Driver for Samsung Harappa-12 Mobo. Pls help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Komrad Emritzky, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Komrad Emritzky

Komrad Emritzky Private E-2

Hi everyone! Pls help me on this. I recently bought a 2nd-hand mobo bcoz my old Chaintech 7VIF4 mobo died on me. But when I installed the 2nd-hand mobo, there was no driver for the onboard ethernet controller. I searched the internet, but to no avail.

My specs:
    Mobo: Samsung Harappa-12
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.7Ghz Socket 478
    FSB: 400 Mhz
    Memory: 1x512 Mb Kingston DDR1 333Mhz; 1x256 Mb Crucial DDR1 333Mhz
    Onboard Graphics: Disabled
    Onboard Audio: Disabled
    AGP 8x graphics card: Inno3D GeForce FX5500 256Mb
    Sound card: Creative Audigy HD Blaster 24-bit
    HDD: Western Digital 200Gb 7200rpm IDE

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Last dealings I had with same motherboard, linked the NIC to either an Intel one or Realtek, to be clear on which one run this

Likely suspects from my notes are
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false (choose your Windows version)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=407 (choose Windows from list)

Also install the Intel Chipset Driver before the network one, Chipset driver for the Brookdale-G i845G HERE choose Windows version and then choose the file named INF Update Utility - Zip Format once downloaded unzip and run the setup file.

3. Komrad Emritzky

Thanks a lot Halo. I already bought a new Realtek 10/100 LAN card when I saw your reply. But anyway, I followed your instructions; I downloaded Everest, installed it & ran a report. I found that Samsung Harappa-12 motherboard is using the Intel ethernet controller. So, I'm attaching the log report here. I will also be installing the chipset driver for i845. Thanks again! :)

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

HI Komrad

Your welcome, do let us know how you get on but if you have bought an add-on PCI Network card from Realtek, then you should be fine, install chipset and then the drivers that came with that card, may have to disable the onboard Intel network in the BIOS, but only if you cannot get the Realtek card to initaially work.

5. Komrad Emritzky

Yes, I was able to install the one I bought (Realtek add-on NIC) & it is working fine now. I also downloaded & installed the chipset driver. My PC is peacefully working now. Thanks for all your help. I will be posting a new thread re: advise on which processor is better for a laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Turion 64. More power to all of you guys! :wave

6. johnal2009

johnal2009 Private E-2

where can i get the driver of my harappa-12 please help lol!!!!

7. johnal2009

johnal2009 Private E-2

hello to everyone please help to find the driver of my harappa-12 vga,ethernet&soundcard that is my majo major problem now ..

8. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, johnal2009.

Please start a new thread in this forum describing your symptoms - it will help us with indexing and tends to avoid confusion. Thanks!

9. DavidGP

Hi

Did you not try the links posted earlier for the Chipset driver that needs installing first then the NIC driver?

If you did and they didnt work or if you need other drivers as you dont specify then as mentioned above please do start a new thread on the topic.

Include what Windows version and Service Pack you are using also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds