Father in Spokane, WA, puts son on Craigslist

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mimsy, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

So apparently this gentleman in Spokane thought that since he couldn't afford to properly care for his 4-year old son anymore, a good way to find a new home for the boy would be to put an ad on Craigslist. The posting was only up for a very short time, and the only reason there is now a police investigation is because a woman found it, didn't realize that it most likely was a hoax or joke, and forwarded it to the local sheriff's department.

Someone needs to tell this guy that pretending to commit a felony might seem like a fun joke in theory, but it really isn't a very good idea... rolleyes

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Grrrr, Some people shouldn't even have kids, Mimsy, and he is one good example. Kids are not toys, or objects. but some people still think they are. I hope they find him and fry him. :mad Just think of what has gone thru that child's head, when I read this:
    :mad

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

See, it's comments like that one that verifies to me that the ad was a hoax or a bad joke, and not real at all. :p

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hey Mimsy, that is one comment I would take as real. I have seen enough to know. Experienced enough to know. You might be very surprised what people will actually do to their kids, in the name of $$$. Or, a parent that is on drugs, and is in need of a "fix" and see what they will resort too. Not a pretty sight.

5. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

That is most definitely NOT "The Best of Craigslist"
    Hey, is balloon boy back? :confused

6. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I have to agree with Mimsy here, that line has to be a joke, although I know many people do the most horrific things to their children, you would have to be a complete and utter retard to actually include that line in an ad, then again you'd have to be a complete and utter retard to put your kid up for sale.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds