Anker Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whatthe, Feb 20, 2014.

1. whatthe

whatthe Private E-2

So recently I performed a factory reset on my laptop. I have an Anker 2.4G Wireless Mouse Model: DS-2240. The problems I'm encountering are sudden disconnecting and reconnecting. Before the factory reset, this did not occur. I have tried moving my usb to all of my ports, but same thing. However, my mouse works without problems in Safe Mode. I notice this happening in anything I do, from viewing Facebook to playing games. When I first connect it, I may get a good 15 minutes of continuous mouse. Then all of a sudden my cursor would freeze and my laptop would make the sound when a usb is disconnected and reconnected. Then after it reconnects, maybe 3 seconds later, it disconnects again. I have to take out the usb and plug it back in. Then I'll get another 2 minutes or so before it starts disconnecting and reconnecting. And the cycle continues. I have also tried changing my power management settings from Device Manager, but that didn't do anything. I also tried uninstalling all the software that was installed on my usb ports, but that didn't do anything either. I have also tried to update my usb ports from Device Manager, but it said that they are already up-to-date. Here are my computer specs courtesy of Belarc.

Attached Files:

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Have you tried searching Anker's website to see if a specific driver update is available for the DS-2240?

3. whatthe

whatthe Private E-2

Yes I did go to the website (ianker.com) and I did install the driver specific to my mouse. It didn't change anything.

4. whatthe

whatthe Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds